Last revised July 17th 2017.
In order to receive the best performance, the iCon must be placed within the operating range of the Wi-Fi router on premise. Once Wi-Fi connection is available, the system will automatically create an account with our cloud server. This will allow the user to have full control of the system, even when outside the range of the premise's Wi-Fi router.
ARM Cortex-M4 Processor
5VDC, 1.5 AC/DC
Dimensions – 109.0mm x 60.9mm 28.5mm
BlueZ protocol stack
Wi-Fi Safety EN 60950-1:2006+A11:2009+A1:2010+A12:2011. EMC (Art. 3(1)(a)): EN 301 489-1 V1.8.1, EN 301 489-17 V2.2.1, EN 61000-4.3:2006. Spectrum (Art. 3(2)): EN 300 328 V1.8.1(2006-10).
Bluetooth Safety EN 60950-1:2006+A11:2009+A1:2010+A12:2011. EMC (Art. 3(1)(a)): EN 301 489-17 V2.1.1 (2009-05), EN 61000-4-3: 2006. Spectrum (Art. 3(2)): EN 300 328 V1.8.1.
Wi-Fi 15.247: 2010 Bluetooth 15.107(a), 15.109, 15.207, 15.209(a), 15.247.
Wi-Fi RSS-210 Issue 8, 2010. RSS-GEN Issue 2, 2007.
Bluetooth RSS-210 A8.1(a), A8.1(b), A8.1(d), A8.4(2), A8.5.
Bluetooth Low Energy RSS-210 A8.2(a), A8.2(b), A8.4(4), A8.5. RSS-GEN 4.61, 4.62, 4.63, 4.8, 4.9, 4.10, 6.1, 7.2.4
Conforms to UL std. 60950-1. Certified to CSA C22.2 No 60950-1.
If mobile device is blocking installation of the application, the mobile device settings will need to be changed to enabled "Unknown Sources". This setting can often be found in the Lock Screen or Security section of the mobile device settings.
Downloading the Mobile App.
1. Search "iConDimmer" in the App store (for Apple devices) or in the Play Store (for Android devices).
2. Download the "iConDimmer" app onto the mobile device.
The Login screen is the first screen that the user will be presented with upon opening the mobile app. From this screen, the user can enter their login credentials or setup a new network.
To log in to user account:
1. Type in the correct Login Name and Login Password into the respective input fields.
2. Choose either Local or Remote access.
Local: Access through the designated Wi-Fi network – user must be within range of Wi-Fi router to successfully connect locally.
Remote: Access through the cloud server – user does not need to be within range of Wi-Fi router to successfully connect.
Network Setup Process
1. Connect the supplied AC-DC adapter into the 5V input jack. The green light on the iCon will appear, indicating that the device is powered.
If this is the first time setting up, the iCon will pause in about 1 minute with both orange and green lights activated. When this occurs, the device is in stand-by mode with its Bluetooth turned on, awaiting network configuration from the mobile app.
If the device has already been setup with an existing Wi-Fi network, the device will re-connect automatically on its own and halt with only the green light activated within about 3 minutes.
2. Ensure that the mobile device is connected to the designated Wi-Fi network and that Bluetooth is enabled. Run the app.
3. From the Login screen, select SETUP to go to the Network Setup screen.
4. Choose either Static IP or Dynamic IP. In most cases, Dynamic IP would be the ideal setting.
5. Select "Yes" when attempting to establish Bluetooth connection with the iCon.
6. Once connected, the Dynamic IP Setup screen appears with the iCon's MAC ADDRESS shown at the top (e.g. 00:07:80:XX:XX:XX)
Enter a login name and login password. This will be the user's login credentials whenever the app is opened.
Enter the Wi-Fi network password into the third box. Ensure that the title at the top of the third box is the name of the desired Wi-Fi network. Hide or show the password on the screen while inputting the password.
7. Once all three items are inputted, select SETUP. Both green and orange lights will remained activated throughout this process.
Once the network setup is complete and the iCon is ready, the orange light will turn off and only the green light will remain activated. The app will automatically return to the Login screen.
Erasing WiFi settings stored in iCon.
1. To erase the WiFi settings stored in the iCon, first power OFF the iCon, then power ON. The green light on the iCon will be activated to indicate that it is powered ON.
2. In 30 seconds, the orange light will flash. This flashing sequence will last 3 seconds. Within these 3 seconds, the user can reset the WiFi setting by holding down the ERASE BUTTON (located on side of iCon device) until both orange and green lights begin to flash simultaneously.
3. Once both lights are flashing, the user can release the ERASE button. WiFi settings are now successfully erased.
Factory Reset your Entire Network.
1. On the iCon Menu Screen, select the WRENCH (top-right). This will take the you to Zone Setup.
2.In the "Enter Zone Name" input field, input ####.
3. All dimmers that are in operation, regardless of their respective zones, will have all memory erased. Dimmers are now reset to factory settings.