Last revised July 17th 2017.
ARM Cortex-M4 Processor
5VDC, 1.5 AC/DC
Dimensions – 109mm x 60.9mm x 28.5mm
BlueZ protocol stack
Wi-Fi | Safety EN 60950-1:2006+A11:2009+A1:2010+A12:2011. EMC (Art. 3(1)(a)): EN 301 489-1 V1.8.1, EN 301 489-17 V2.2.1, EN 61000-4.3:2006. Spectrum (Art. 3(2)): EN 300 328 V1.8.1(2006-10).
Bluetooth | Safety EN 60950-1:2006+A11:2009+A1:2010+A12:2011. EMC (Art. 3(1)(a)): EN 301 489-17 V2.1.1 (2009-05), EN 61000-4-3: 2006. Spectrum (Art. 3(2)): EN 300 328 V1.8.1.
Wi-Fi 15.247: 2010 Bluetooth 15.107(a), 15.109, 15.207, 15.209(a), 15.247.
Wi-Fi | RSS-210 Issue 8, 2010. RSS-GEN Issue 2, 2007.
Bluetooth | RSS-210 A8.1(a), A8.1(b), A8.1(d), A8.4(2), A8.5.
Bluetooth Low Energy | RSS-210 A8.2(a), A8.2(b), A8.4(4), A8.5. RSS-GEN 4.61, 4.62, 4.63, 4.8, 4.9, 4.10, 6.1, 7.2.4
Conforms to UL std. 60950-1. Certified to CSA C22.2 No 60950-1.
The following is the installation process to connect the iCon to the user's mobile device.
Part I: Downloading the Mobile App
1. Search "iConDimmer" in the App Store (for Apple devices) and the Play Store (for Android devices).
2. Download "iConDimmer" onto the mobile device.
Notice: If mobile device is blocking installation of the application, then mobile device settings will need to be changed to enable "Unknown Sources". This setting can often be found in the Lock Screen or Security section of the mobile device settings.
Part II: Network Setup Process
1. Connect the supplied AC-DC adapter into the 5V input jack. The green light on the iCon will appear, indicating that the device is powered.
If this is the first time setting up, the iCon will pause in about 1 minute with both orange and green lights activated. When this occurs, the device is in stand-by mode with its Bluetooth turned on, awaiting network configuration from the mobile app.
If the device has already been setup with an existing Wi-Fi network, the device will re-connect automatically on its own and halt with only the green light activated within about 3 minutes.
2. Ensure that the mobile device is connected to the designated Wi-Fi network and that Bluetooth is enabled. Run the app.
3. From the Login screen, select SETUP to go to the Network Setup screen.
4. Choose either Static IP or Dynamic IP. In most cases, Dynamic IP would be the ideal setting.
5. Select "Yes" when attempting to establish Bluetooth connection with the iCon.
6. Once connected, the Dynamic IP Setup screen appears with the iCon's MAC ADDRESS shown at the top (e.g. 00:07:80:XX:XX:XX)
Enter a login name and login password. This will be the user's login credentials whenever the app is opened.
Enter the Wi-Fi network password into the third box. Ensure that the title at the top of the third box is the name of the desired Wi-Fi network. Hide or show the password on the screen while inputting the password.
7. Once all three items are inputted, select SETUP. Both green and orange lights will remained activated throughout this process.
Once the network setup is complete and the iCon is ready, the orange light will turn off and only the green light will remain activated. The app will automatically return to the Login screen.